Monday, July 21, 2008

SHIQING puttputt.
Mr Lee say post, so i post. Nah my compo:

“Dad! No…! Daddy, daddy!” I was struggling out of the policemen’s grasp. I saw my father, with two policemen beside him, walking towards the police car. He did not glance back, not even stop. He was arrested for stealing and attempting to assault a police and it was ALL for me. I could not hold back my tears. It was my stubborn and foolish behaviours. It all started last week, I envied my friends for having such beautiful bags, hand bags and lots of money.

I was without a mother since young. I used to believe that she was dead but the truth was that she ran away with another man. My father used to be a wealthy man. I enjoyed myself when I was young with all that money that could be spent. I had been to Paris, at six. But ever since then, going to Malaysia was never ever going to happen. One day, my father lost his job. That was why my mother ran away. I was still young and I did not know that I had to be sensible. Being used to the posh life I used to live, I thought I still had it all. And then I graduated from primary school and went to a secondary school. My schoolmates had pretty bags and neat uniforms. Mine were donated by a kind hearted young man.

One day, my schoolmates invited me to a party. If I was the host, I would not even invite a smelly, messy and disgusting filthy girl like myself. Then, I had to get new clothes, a handbag, accessories and more. I took a bus back home. My father was at home, doing the usual things like finding a job, cooking and sleeping. “You’re back,” my father remarked. I merely nodded. “Is there something wrong?” Sensing that something was not right, he questioned me. “No… Yes, actually I… You,” I was not sure whether I should ask my father for money. I looked around the house, everything was old and tattered. Yet, I wanted new clothes and bags. Hoping for a positive response, I continued, “Dad,” I avoided having eye contact with my father. “Dad, I was wondering if you have the money to get me new clothes and bags.” I started to tilt my head up expecting a smile on my father’s face. Nevertheless, he was boiling with fury and finally, he flew into a rage. “Take a look at this house, take a closer look. We have the worst unit in this floor, probably even the whole estate. Can’t you be a little considerate? I do not even have a job! You want anything, everything in the world? You think you’re so great, YOU GO GET A JOB AND SEE IF YOU CAN COPE!” Tears streamed down his face. I felt anger in me.

Before he could breathe another word, I ran into my room and slammed the door. After seconds which felt like seasons, my father knocked lightly on the door. “Lay Ling, listen, I am sorry. You know my temper, Lay Ling. I can try to get money for…” Due to my anger, I chose to defy,” I don’t need your filthy money. I can earn it, MYSELF! In fact, I don’t think I need you at all!”

Little did I know that my father actually went to steal for me. We stayed at block 504 level three, he actually went to the fourteenth floor while I was at school to do something that I would never expect…

When I was walking back from school, I heard loud screams. Horrified ones that made my heart drop. Since the lift was not working, I took the stairs. At first, I wanted to return home immediately. But after a second thought, I thought maybe it was no harm checking out the commotion. When I was at the stairs of the thirteenth floor, shock overcame me when I saw my father holding a chopper. Residents stood back and two policemen were pointing their guns at my father. “Don’t you dare come near, move away or I’ll chop!” A familiar voice echoed the corridor. But the police refused to let my father get away. My father had no choice but to slash the chopper down. It left a deep cut in one of the policemen’s hand. As he ran towards the lift, he noticed me standing at the stairway.

At this point of time, my father just stood there, dropping the chopper, ready to give everything up. Tears started to well up in his eyes as he turned back to be arrested...


HEHE, END!
6COURAGE, GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR PRELIM ORAL ON 24 & 25.
and upcoming prelims and psle.
we are clever and hardworking ppl, so jy kkk?
hehehehe(:
JOY is love! (:
shiqing mokopoko. <3

No comments: